02 December 2011

He's a Newt!

Perhaps he's gotten better?

I am not fond of Mr Gingrich.  He's not in my top ten first choices and at least nine of those slots are blank.

I guess he's really my number one choice since that slot is labeled, "NOT Mitt Romney".  Ron Paul's troofer ass fits that slot as well so don't read too much into it.

I think I could hold my nose and vote for Newt.  I will not do so for Mitt.

Newt didn't even try to repeal Brady or the AWB.  The whole "Contract with America" was spun to we gunnies with a "going to repeal the stupid gun laws" vibe.  Never.  Even.  Submitted.  A.  Bill.  To.  Committee.  Let alone brought a bill to vote.

But that was passive.

Mr Romney was active on stomping on things I consider to be my rights.  I can readily ignore it when he's the governor of a state I don't live in, but not when he wants to be president.  The current president has a better record on gun rights than Mitt "we do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts; I support them. I won't chip away at them; I believe they protect us and provide for our safety," Romney.  Let that sink in for a bit.  Think I'm wrong?  Go buy a 30-round Magpul AR mag in Massachusetts.  If you succeeded, go tell a cop what you did and use your phone call to tell me what happened.

1 comment:

  1. I'd rather have Obama for another four years with a Republican Congress actively opposing him than any of the current Republican candidates with a Republican Congress rubber-stamping him. Even Gingrich. I don't even trust any of them for decent SCOTUS nominations.

    Right now, I'll vote 3rd-party/independent first, even if it means handing Obama a win.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.