15 December 2011

Safe Queens

How does a gun become a safe queen?

I know I didn't set out to own a single one, but I seem to have acquired a few.

I simply don't shoot several of the guns in there.

I did have to have them though.

At least none of them are guns that I will not shoot because I fear I am affecting their value.

Grampa's old revolvers I don't shoot because I am not entirely convinced it's still safe to do so.  Their value is entirely sentimental rather than intrinsic.  This is on top of them being unpleasant to shoot as well.

Both of the rifle ranges I like are more than an hour's haul from here, so it's kind of a pain to get in some 50 or 100 yard trigger time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.