15 September 2015

Dell

I found a great tear down guide for Willard's laptop.

What they forget to tell me is the two short screws are to hold the hard drive I am replacing in place and that it will flop out of reach of those screws when you invert it on reassembly.

So out come the 16 long screws... undo the keyboard... undo the top cover...

Install the short screws while holding the hard drive down against the bottom cover so the screws can bite...

Then follow the otherwise fine guide!

Win7 Home Premium 64 is installing as I speak.  Dell was kind enough to send the OS disks free of charge too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.