23 December 2017

Didn't You Quit?

I'm a Floridian now.

Previously I was an Iowan.

I quit Iowa for Florida.

You might note that I make scant mention of the politics of my former home?

That's because I left it behind me.

I am quite the exception here in Florida.

I can be up to date on Canada, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Cuba, Puerto Rico and Michigan for the asking.

Why?  Because it would seem that nobody who moves here from those places actually quit their place of origin.

That's not really true.  There's lots of people who've quit those places and are happy Floridians, it's just EASY to find a vocal citizen of those places who happens to reside in Florida.  You can't really avoid them, they're vocal.

If I ever quit Florida, it will be because of the people who didn't think they should assimilate with the locals.

7 comments:

  1. Good points! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has always been a problem here in Alaska. It’s infuriating to hear people talk about “home “ meaning some other state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of the signs in the garages:
    $50/hr to fix it
    $100/hr if you tried to fix it
    $200/hr if you talk about how much better it was up north

    Merry Christmas, McThag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where in Iowa, and when did you leave?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ames.

      I lived there in 81-83, 85-87, 91-98.

      Delete
    2. Born there, late '65. Raised near Atlantic, moved back to IA in '96, now live in Council Bluffs.

      Delete
    3. I was born in Dubuque but was raised in the 'burbs of Chicago until my parents divorced.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.