11 December 2017

Thag, It's A Good Thing You're Pretty...

Because you're sure stupid.

One of Harvey's friend's dad is what you call a master wood worker.

I now have a rather detailed listing of what I probably did wrong...

Beginning with my choice of tools.

To put it in gun terms, I was going (alone) to the range the very first time ever with a full-on IPSC race gun.

He did some looking around and I really do need the Dem Bart or Gunline master set.

Good news!  Gunline is still in business and will be filling their annual order from Brownell's real soon now.

Dem Bart's Walt must have died, nobody knows.

Bad news!  The kit is $138 + s/h.

Once I solve the tool problem, he asked about what I'd hardened the wood with.

"Sandpaper," I replied.

He said to rub in some linseed oil and let it sit a couple days minimum before starting my cuts.

That should make the wood harder and lube the tool a bit.

Anyone wanna hit the paypal link over there and buy some tools?

1 comment:

  1. Could be a LOT worse... At least the tools don't have two zeros tacked on the end!

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.