03 May 2012

Blaming The Wrong People

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/5/3/family_of_couple_kil.html

I have been cut off many times.  I have never had an accident from it.

Could it be the deceased was simply a shitty driver?  I'd believe it.

I'd also believe their driving is why they were cut off.  I am willing to bet that the deceased matched speeds with someone in the lane to their right leaving just barely a car-length gap.  I am willing to bet that the car in the right lane was going under the speed limit.  I am willing to bet that the person who "cut them off" was attempting to use that gap to pass them.  I am also willing to bet that when they noticed they were being passed they accelerated to close that gap to prevent it.

Why am I willing to bet that way?  Because I've watched it happen several times each trip I take on I4.  The thing we should be harping on; is that if you're going the same speed as the person in the other lane, get in that lane with them.

There's a common fallacy that knowing how to make the vehicle move and having a license means you know how to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.