04 May 2014

Downsizing

For me, literally.

My ancient Victorinox Champion is really underutilized.  I use about three of the tools regularly and the rest not at all.  So I got a Super Tinker.


All I'd been using was the scissors, bottle opener and the screw-drivers and that's pretty much all the Super Tinker has.

Marv made an attempt to downsize that turned into an upsize.

Our friend Willard is a big fan of the Browning Hi Power.  He's cast an envious eye at Marv's FÈG clone a couple of times and Marv decided that he'd gift it to him.

Willard's sense of obligation was cross wired by Marv's refusal to accept money, so...

1943 Izhevsk M91/30

Willard gave him one of his Mosins.  What could Marv do but accept after we'd declared it, "Nondenominational Give A Gun To A Friend Day" as a means of dodging payment for the gift Hi-Power?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.