27 May 2014

Old Cars

Not really OLD cars, but an article on old nameplates.

The headline was misleading, it made it sound like there were cars that were still in production for decades unchanged.

Nope.

It was cars that still had the same name for decades.

Like the VW GOLF!  The present iteration is quite literally not the same car as when the name first appeared at the dealers.

VW appears several times in the list.  The Passat makes it.  I had a '73 Passat and there's not enough money in the world to get me back into one.  A 2014 on the other hand, I'd be more than happy to own.

The mention the Mustang; but miss the Corvette, F-150 and Suburban?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.