02 May 2014

Sales Tax

When I buy from Amazon, I will now be charged sales tax on the purchase.

Will this affect my purchases?

Well, it's going to make them cost a bit more.

But I don't tend to buy from Amazon with an eye on avoiding taxes, or even getting the item at the cheapest price.  I buy from them when they're cheapest and I don't mind waiting for a week or so to get my item.  Or I buy from them when they're the only vendor who has what I want to purchase.

I'd spend more to buy from Brownell's or Midway on most gun related things because I don't think Amazon spends a penny to support my rights.

I don't see the addition of sales taxes changing my pattern of purchasing.

1 comment:

  1. I think the sales tax will affect your purchasing patterns just a little bit. It can affect the price of the products that you’re buying. However, given your desire for a more convenient shopping time and getting most of your purchases from Amazon, it won’t have that big of an effect on your purchasing pattern. :D

    Gilbert McNally @ Accurate Tax & Bookkeeping Service

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.