12 May 2014

Magpul Delete

I've been doing a love-hate thing with the Magpul MIAD pistol grip for as long as I've been accumulating AR's.

The retro builds, which mandate normal pistol grips, have never felt wrong.  The MIAD with the medium back strap always felt "OK".  With the small backstrap they felt pretty good, and will fit in the M12 rack.

On a lark, I put one of the numerous left-over A2 grips on Dottie and did some shooting for comparison purposes.  I prefer the A2 over the MIAD.  I think it's a matter of experience and the guys who originally designed it doing a good job.  Easing the decision process is the A2 grip is a full two ounces lighter than the MIAD!  Ounces matter when you lug it around a lot.  I am slowly gimping my way into the three gun fun-matches up Hernando way.  (My times suck because I can't run, but I am having a blast!  I need a Winchester Model 12 or Stevens shotgun in a 'Nam configuration to do a retro 3-gun with a 1911A1 and M16A1 clone.)

The $20 for two grips including shipping also makes them much cheaper than one MIAD and about the same price as a single MOE.


Because color coordination is important for Barbies...  I ordered the appropriate matches from Damage Industries.  Now they are fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.