27 May 2014

Rifle Short Magazine Lee-Enfield Mk III*

I ordered a stacking swivel from Numrich a week ago.

It arrived!

It was the part that the SMLE was missing for the entire twenty years I've owned it.  Finding one has been something of a unicorn.

Of course it was happenstance that led to the purchase.  Willard's $9 91/30 was missing its rear stock screw.  I owe him a favor or three so I went to Numrich looking to buy him that part, the stacking swivel was padding to save on the minimum order charge (or to make the purchase exceed the shipping costs).

It installed like it was made to go there (which it was).

I noticed that my 1916 made SMLE III* is a numbers matching gun.  Dunno know why I never noticed that before.



Vanessa is a grand old dame of 98.

1 comment:

  1. My 1916 SMLE* is an Enfield manufactured rifle, as well!

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.