02 November 2014

Censor

The reason I'm bugged that the editing of Huckleberry Finn is we shouldn't remove controversy from children.  We should teach them about it.

So that they learn context.

Manners too.

While I use the full word when I'm making a point, I would not use it to someone's face to describe them.  That's rude.

But we should not shy away from using the words in question when talking about language and what's appropriate or not.

For a simple lesson just look up how arse and ass have phased in and out of being the polite phrasing of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.