02 April 2015

Observed

I've noticed, again, that I seem to have some sort of miraculous ability to get a rifle zeroed.

Ten rounds each for two trips for Tabitha yesterday.  And it would have been nine each, but there's ten rounds on a clip...

Ten rounds each trip to confirm the zero.

40 rounds total.

I've watched people have to go back to the sales counter at the range and buy more ammo because they're not getting anywhere.  They flail at the knobs and never seem to move the group meaningfully in the direction they want to go.

I've asked if I could help a couple of times and gotten them straightened out in less than ten rounds too.

Is turning the dial in the direction of "UP" to make the group move up that hard?

I do know that many people don't grasp that 1/4" at 100 yards per click means that you're going to have to make 4x as many clicks if you zero at 25 yards.  Yes, 16 clicks to an inch seems like a lot, but those are fine clicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.