16 October 2015

Isn't That Odd

Javascript is why your browser slams into a brick wall on some sites.

Good news!  There's probably a plug-in or extension that lets you control which javascripts run.

For Firefox I like NoScript.

Recently I'd found myself favoring Firefox simply because NoScript was there and keeping all manner of pop-up, flashing ads and resource consuming reloads from occurring.

In general, though, I prefer Chrome for browsing; especially since I've ceded my privacy to Google and let it synchronize to all my devices.

FuuzyGeff recommended Safescript last night and it works much like NoScript.  WIN!  But for some odd reason it breaks Google for being a search engine.  You get a second of https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl then the "aw snap!" failure page.  Every once an a while, it just works fine for who knows why...

Bing exhibits no failures under Safescript...  Go figure.

PS: nuking the file/image cache is supposed to cure it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.