09 October 2015

This Could Get Exciting

Florida Statute 790.335 (1) (a) 4. "Law-abiding firearm owners whose names have been illegally recorded in a list, record, or registry are entitled to redress."

The pawn shop collected from me all of the information required if I was selling or pawning to them.

Chapters 538 and 539 don't require any paperwork beyond the Federal for the buyer of the gun.

Even more fun it looks like, if NPR required it, they're afoul of 790.335(2) (d) which forbids compiling and computerizing firearm records.

It took me all of an hour to look up this stuff.  I'm not even a lawyer.

Shall I be a plaintiff?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.