01 July 2015

Just Me I Am Sure

I'm reading Scalia's dissent to King v Burwell.

I am sure I am not the first person to notice...

The technicality where States were confused for the Machiavellian THE STATE could easily have been caught and made so clear that only an idiot would have gotten the intent wrong;

IF ONLY THE GODS BE DAMNED THING HAD BEEN READ IN FULL, DEBATED COMPLETELY AND THEN VOTED ON!

Rather than doing "we have to pass it to find out what's in it" and parliamentary procedure skulduggery where the Senate actually generated a bill where The Constitution (remember that document?) says bills of that type were supposed to originate from The House.

The original ruling, National Federation of Independent Business v. Sebelius, where it became a tax instead of a fine underscores the problem of it originating in the Senate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.