08 May 2017

Not Many People Can Claim To Have Done This

I broke an AK with a toothpick.

OK, not really broke-broke.

I've done the research to replace the tritium vials in Willard's Yugo M70.  The front sight vial sits in a blind hole, so you have to coax it out by rubbing on the vial from the sight window.

Well, they're more fragile than I expected and I broke it.

Happily, that frees one to use far cruder tools to crunch up the remainder of the vial and then remove the powder.



New vials have been ordered and are no doubt been entrusted to a sherpa who is hand carrying them from Tibet where the tritium streams run wild and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.