13 March 2018

Florida Statute 790.222

790.222
Bump-fire stocks prohibited.

A person may not import into this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for sale, offer for sale, possess, or give to another person a bump-fire stock.

A person who violates this section commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term “bump fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device.

This "clearly" worded portion of the Florida Statutes is what makes it illegal to have a bump-stock here in Florida.

There's been a lot of freaking out over "a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device" portion of this law.

I think if we can get it to court we can prove that's Constitutionally vague.

I also don't think we're going to see much, if any, prosecution for something that isn't a bonafide Slide-Fire® or their competitors.

We might get some prosecution from someone getting giddy with it and doing traditional bumpfire and somebody in the DA's office noticing the Geissle trigger group.

But without someone doing pretend auto-fire there's nothing to attract the cops.

I know that at my trial, if any, I'm calling Jerry Miculek to the stand and have him show that I was firing far below what an unassisted, unaltered semi-auto could do.

1 comment:

  1. The first time I bump fired, all that I used was my belt loop.
    Did not need a stock, rubber band, string or rubber ball.
    Just my pants.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.