13 March 2024

I Remember Being In The SCA

I am not shocked by this story.

The SCA was great fun as long as I kept myself to a very superficial level.

I learned a lot from some really great amateur historians (and a couple of professionals).

But the organization, the corporation...

Even at my tender young age I could see how liberally biased they were.

It really got laid bare when I got interested in firearms and noticed that there were many black-powder arms that were within the period the SCA allows.

They banned a static display of period firearms like a handgonne.

For safety reasons.

A hundred people wandering around with live steel and they're worried about a cannon lock firearm that takes more than a minute get get going from zero.

A cannon lock firearm that was wired to a wooden board...

So, discovering that they did nothing to protect someone with a differing opinion and, in fact, punished them for it:

I am not shocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.