07 March 2024

It's Not The Weather

I'm something of a history buff.

I also love warships.

This makes me love museum ships.

You'd think that this combination would make me want to head to Pearl Harbor and check out the alpha and omega of the US Pacific theater:  Arizona and Missouri.

It does.

The problem is, and has been, that Pearl Harbor is in Hawaii.

Hawaii doesn't let me carry.

For a long time, that was sufficient for me to stay away.

For an equally long time, Hawaii has been actively making it less enticing.

Now I won't go there even if I can open carry an AR; and I don't even think I need to open carry an AR there.

But it wasn't the oil companies and globull warmering that made me decide to spend my tourist dollars on something else.

It was anti-gun other liberal bullshit.  Never mind a subculture that blames me for shit that other people did in regards to The Sandwich Islands no longer being a sovereign nation.  Wasn't me, didn't do it are never a defense to racists.

I avoid places that have de facto institutionalized racism.

So, Hawaii and City of Honolulu; it's not climate change that keeps me away; it's you.

Now you know who you should really be suing instead of Sunoco.

1 comment:

  1. This is the best Battleship to visit the USS Alabama BB-60 in Mobile AL. You can take a self-guided tour of the whole ship, through every space on it. Stem to Stern, Engine Room to Bridge. You can also do the same with the USS DRUM (SS-228). And if planes are also something you like, while you are touring Battleship Memorial Park, be sure to stop in the Medal of Honor Aircraft Pavilion, home of our extensive aircraft collection, historic vehicles and war artifacts. https://www.ussalabama.com/

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.