13 March 2024

Skaven

Skaven (WFRP 1e p.226)

9 Points

Attribute Modifiers: HT+1 [10].

Secondary Characteristic Modifiers: Will-2 [-10]; SM 0.

Advantages: Damage Resistance +1 (Tough Skin, -40%) [3]; Night Vision +5 [5]; Sharp Teeth [1].

Disadvantages:

Features: Fur, Tail.

Talents:

This is how far I've gotten the races for the GURPS conversion of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying (1e).

This is the bog-standard Skaven.  Shamen and chaos-mutated versions to come later.

A sticking point was how to stat out their filthy bites.

They point out that there's a chance that you'll get an infection from being bitten.

I was stressing what this would be in terms of afflictions when I noticed that this chance of causing an infection after a bite is mentioned with several run of the mill animals.

No need to give stats on something normal and everyday that a common dog has.

Not finding any actual rules for what disease you'd catch in Warhammer led to FuzzyGeff's remembrance of the lack of rules and violet fungi.

7 comments:

  1. I'd give them "Chummy" as a disadvantage. They are by far more comfortable in large numbers of their rotten kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were statting Chaos Dwarfs, I'd go with "As for Dwarfs, with the disadvantages of Unnatural Feature (tusks, 10% chance of hooves), Odious Racial Habit (Enslaves People), and Xenophobia." They would get the skill Survival (Desert).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you won't object to an off topic question:

    Have you seen any of the Dungeons and Discourse you tube channel and if so, do you have an opinion on it?:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjZrcC9Xn5E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen it, but I will check it out.

      I'm more tolerant of off topic than no signature. The topic rule is to keep people from talking about climate change in a gun post.

      Delete
    2. It looks similar to what Clownfish TV has been saying.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the reply; I have quite a bit of original D&D stuff, but I haven't played it in decades because of my clearance and the fact that gaming is seriously frowned upon in the aerospace engineering community. I catch enough grief over my Pile O" Shame collection of Warhammer figures, including a 10,000 pt Chaos Dwarf Army(with lots of Forgeworld stuff). Painting it is acceptable, but on some contracts even going to the hobby/game stores is seriously frowned upon.

      One of the proposed novels on my to-be-written list is a Skaven encroachment on our Earth, starting back around the time of the Black Death. That is currently fourth on my list, after the alt-history 9/11 novel, the Donn the Draughtsman light fantasy series, and the Beanstalk horror/fantasy novel.

      Delete
    4. Weird. I had a lot of Aero-E players over the years playing at Iowa State. I wonder what turns them against gaming later. My GMing style?

      Why would gaming affect your clearance? It never mattered with mine back in the Army.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.