02 January 2018

Sovereign

What the founding fathers did was to upend centuries of social order, putting the citizen at the top of the pecking order.

Sovereign, possessing supreme or ultimate power.

What The Constitution was intended was a delegation of that ultimate power to a subservient government.

They literally never intended the government to be able to do anything that a common citizen could not; and in fact barred the government from doing some things that citizens could do with impunity.

If things work as intended, no agent of the government will ever do anything you are barred from doing.

How many things that you can't do, that you've seen the government up to, just pop into your head?

An old adage I learned hanging around libertarians was, "if it is immoral for me to do it, likewise it is immoral for me to hire someone to do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.