22 January 2018

Bubba Doesn't Always Ruin Them


Willard dropped this off today, declaring that we were celebrating my birthday.  I got kudos for not making the rookie mistake of saying, "but it's not my birthday."

This "carbine" started life in 1903 as an M1898 rifle.  This is, bar none, the most common version of the Krag-Jørgenson made.

Whomever did the work did a great job.

Maybe Erin can hook me up with Oleg to get a shot of this that actually shows how well polished it was before they blued it.

Part of the sportification process was removal of the rear sight...

...and filling in the mounting holes with plug screws.  The camera makes them more obvious than they are naked-eye.

A new front sight was fitted to the 6" shorter barrel.


A far simpler rear sight was added as well.


The bore is shiny and new looking.

There will be a shooting report in about seven months when the seasonal run of .30-40 Krag happens.

2 comments:

  1. That one looks a lot like mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your cell phone has a camera, take a pic! I'd be happy to post it.

      Or get with FuzzyGeff, the photography bug's taken him and he's got lenses and the camera body to prove it.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.