15 January 2018

It's Not COLD Cold

Nor is it expected to get to actual COLD.

I guess high 20's are genuine cold.  But when they're not expected to last more than an overnight, it's not really COLD.

Just cold.

I got to watch the panic at two Wal Marts where people were looking for space heaters, since more than a couple houses down here have no built in heat.

I watched one couple pass on the $40 unit and leave in disappointment the $25 unit was out of stock.  Man, I've been there where a $15 difference means no-purchase...

2 comments:

  1. If you have central AC in Florida and need to upgrade to a newer model, you will get heating included. I am not sure if it is some sort of mandate or they don't make AC-only units anymore.
    I will confess I used the heat once this year when we hit low 40s down here at night. All of 3 hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heat is on right now. I have it set to 72.

      I've got an opposing thumb and am the lineal descendant of tool using apes; I refuse to be uncomfortable when there's a tool to alleviate the problem.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.