19 January 2018

Eight Years

At present the Florida Congress is in session for the eighth time since open carry first got to committee.

It doesn't appear that we're even submitting a bill this session.

I want to know why, since our "allies" are so strong and powerful...

With a supermajority in both houses...

With a Governor who's stated he'd sign open carry, campus carry and airport carry...

That we cannot move things out of committee.

That our "allies" are more upset at US than at the people who keep stabbing us in the chest.  They're not stabbing us in the back, they're openly flaunting it.

Why can't our "allies" do the damn math?

The strong and powerful who cannot get anything accomplished are not, by definition, strong or powerful.

Fond remembrances of better times when they could move the world don't change they've become weak and powerless.

Or, if they still have strength and power, it's not being wielded to do more than maintain the status quo.  A status quo which is not being seriously challenged BECAUSE of said supermajority and governor.  You don't need to exert any strength to go with the flow.

I can tell urine from rain on my back.

Perhaps these things don't matter to our strong and powerful "allies" and you defend them so strongly because you don't want more places open to carry?

6 comments:

  1. With Senator Anitere "Sleepin With The Enemy" Flores still in the Judiciary committee because Joe Negron does not have the balls to remove her and certain local Pro Gun group voting side to side with Moms Demand, why would Steube even bother to waste time presenting bills?
    I know I wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where's Superwoman? It's her absence that I'm raging about here.

      She's a power? Time to exert some effort, OPENLY, so that I know she's working on it.

      Seems to me that with all her defenders of late, that she could get Negron and Stuebe on task and get this passed.

      If she wanted to.

      I have been asserting that she does not and the lack of activity is the proof.

      Delete
    2. It might not be an issue, but the NRA has effectively abdicated in favor of letting their former president handle Florida. And she's not playing offense.

      Delete
    3. And I believe I mentioned IT'S BEEN EIGHT FUCKING SESSIONS of nothing from a congress where it should be simple to get stuff like this passed!

      Delete
    4. And to make it just a little bit worse, anything pro-freedom is getting killed by (allegedly) our side.

      The anti-freedom side is queuing up bills to take away freedoms we already have, such as Stand Your Ground. We have no one to count on.

      Ever try to find an email address for Ms. Hammer?

      Delete
    5. I have not tried to find her contact information, but I've read about several other people's attempts.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.