15 January 2018

Snooze

The only thing about those near seven hours of panel discussion of the AR that would have made my head explode...

Would have been my forehead hitting a landmine on my desk for when I fell asleep.

Dear podcasters and panel discussion people:

If you have ten minutes of content, you have ten minutes of show; not an hour.

May I also suggest a format rule of thumb?

Tell me what you're going to talk about.  Talk about it.  Summarize what you just talked about.

Ten minutes of "Hi, I'm someone you've never heard of."
Ten minutes of "These are the great people who make my show possible."
Ten minutes of "Here are other people you've never heard of who're taking part in the show."

Means half an hour of me wondering what this show will be about.  I'm long gone before you come to your point.

If this is a video format, STOP TWITCHING AND FIDGETING!!!
For all audio, I don't wanna hear your Darth Vader respiration or anything from your mouse or keyboard.

kthanxbye

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.