02 January 2018

While We're On The Topic

I love to cook.

I like to try new things to cook.

If you want me to cook, you need to give me two clues about what you want to eat!

That way I can go get ingredients, because no matter how many times you hit the grocery store, you never manage to buy ingredients.

I still marvel that we spend so much and don't have a bite to eat unless I go to get ingredients.

Or, maybe, since you bought all this "food" you could tell me what we're having for supper instead of waiting until 5 minutes before the 10 minute widow of "I'm hungry" starts to ask "what's for dinner?"

I'm a simple creature.  If I knew what was for dinner on my own, you'd smell the cooking.

If I was unable to get to the store to buy things, I was actually unable.  Our son takes a lot more time than you imagine he does, and I notice that you don't manage to get ingredients when he's with you at the store.  Don't scold until you're doing it better than me, OK?

I'm sick to death of deciding what to cook, getting ingredients, cooking it, and having upturned noses at it.

You want something different?  Name it.

I've proven over and over that I'm a lot more adventuresome about food and you're the picky eater.  The person with the most limited palette picks the cuisine, or they stop being finicky about what's prepared.

1 comment:

  1. My general tactic is that I know what the fam will eat. (Well I know what the wife likes, and I know what LaWeer'da HATES...and she can eat it, eat some healthy sides, or wait until breakfast)

    So when I go to the grocery store I look at the discount bins, meat, produce, bakery, and see what I have, and see what I can make from those items, then I buy everything else for the week's meals.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.