20 January 2018

Immigrant

I love immigrants!  My ancestors were immigrants!

But I wanna talk about a specific one.

David Tran.

Founder of Huy Fong Foods.

Huy Fong is the company that makes the original Sriracha Sauce.

Mr Tran was a refugee from South Vietnam.

He's an AMERICAN now.

Did you know that Huy Fong Sriracha is entirely made in the USA?  From crops grown in near walking distance from the facility where it's made?

He came here legally, figured out a better mousetrap, built it, and is living the American Dream.

The best part, to me, is that his only care is that we people who love hot sauces are able to get some.

Huy Fong didn't trademark Sriracha.  Their wholesale price has remained flat for decades.  They don't charge licensing for restaurants to use the sauce.

My hat is off to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.