20 September 2013

Trust

It doesn't cost much to hang out your internet shingle and start doing testing and evaluation.

It takes a great deal of work to establish yourself as knowledgable and thorough.

It takes an instant to destroy all of that and introduce doubt.

Read this.  Be sure to check WHY he's not using or testing Frog Lube.

On one hand, I understand.  With my misophonia, Kit Kat's ads with all the crunching bug the snot out of me, and I avoid buying them because of this.

But I have not established myself as an impartial and thorough reviewer of candy bars whose opinion on their flavor matters.

Mr Touhy has his own blog and he's a contributor to The Firearm Blog.  He's done some interesting work and now I wonder if I can trust his recommendations because I see that he can be made to avoid a product with mere bright colors and shallow ad copy.  The doubt that is introduced is "what else is he not mentioning?"

All I want to know from an overview of gun lubricants is "does the product work?"

He mentioned the product in his article then engaged his inner five year old with monosyllabic replies for a while.  Dude, you brought it up!

I know that my little post will not be widely read or heeded.  Remember how much contempt we have regarding the influence of advertisers in the dead-tree gun press?  This is the opposite side of that coin.

Gell-Mann amnesia will kick in even if you do read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.