04 May 2017

Time Stamp

I have selected brightness position 4 on the PK-01VS.

I will check it daily at about this time each day.

When there's no dot showing, I will make note of it.

The official specs say that it will get 400 hours, other reviewers have gotten as many as 3,600 hours at maximum brightness.

UPDATE:

I just realized that I don't know how fresh the Energizer Ultimate Lithium battery I found on my desk was.  If this test is severely truncated by an early fail, I'm going to try again with a known new battery.

The brightness setting is going to be adjusted both up and down to suit the needs of shooting as I run this review.  That doesn't seem, to me, to be an unfair condition for an exploration of battery life.

2 comments:

  1. Pardon my old-schoolness, but is there a chance of the dot "burning in" (like on an old tube TV)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a chance of the LED burning out...

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.