14 July 2018

Thag Lurn Two Day!

One of the fuses on the water heater pops every once and a while.

JT suggested that sediment had accumulated and that I needed to flush it.

He agreed to show me how.  Which I needed because I had the wrong end of the hose...

Hose hooked up, I opened the valve and started the flow.

I opened it some more, and the flow increased.

So I turned it some more.

And unscrewed the valve all the way out of the drain!

A 1" diameter column of sediment and water fired across the entire garage!

I was COVERED in flakes of sediment when it splashed off the valve I was no longer holding.

Luckily Harvey was standing on the other side of the column and outside the garage near the shut off valve.

"Welp," says I, "that's one way to do it."

I should do it more often too.  Without screwing the valve all the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.