09 December 2018

Day At The Range

The big news:

JT finally popped the cherry on his AR!



He even managed to get it zeroed.

There's prolly room for refinement there, but 'twill suffice.

Took The Lovely Harvey's Sigma SW357V out for a function check.  She'd had problems with it stopping up prior to getting into the M&P groove.  It'd been cleaned since the last time she took it out so I wanted to see if that helped.

Have I ever mentioned that the stock Sigma trigger is kinda horrible?

Six ten-round strings.  It doesn't like Winchester white-box 125gr FMJ.  The nose of the round will catch on the bottom of the feed ramp and stop up the works.  Sling-shotting the slide gets it to feed, but that's sub-optimal.

It's fine with Federal's American Eagle, so I think it just doesn't like the Winchester.

I took my Glock 17 2nd Gen to check to see if it was me or the M&P.


Same ammo, same distance, moments later, with my M&P.


Grumble.  So I tried a little of this, a little of that...


Finally started clicking on the bottom right.  I have never had so much trouble getting better with a gun in my entire life than this M&P.





No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.