04 December 2018

Teeth

I admit it.

I take took horrible care of my teeth.

They weren't bothering me, so I wasn't bothering with them.

Until one tooth started bleeding constantly.

"Well, Dumbass, you've only yourself to blame for this!" I thought to myself.

Happily there's a free dental clinic for veterans near here.

Turns out, despite the neglect, my mouth wasn't unsalvageable.

They prescribed brushing, flossing and a fluoride rinse.  2-3 times a day for the brushing and flossing, once a day for the rinse.

On day one the flossing had every tooth leaking blood and the brushing opened the floodgates.  I was spitting toothpaste flecked blood.

But by day three, no blood at all.

Today I noticed that my gums appear to be advancing a little bit and the mass of tartar behind my lower incisors seems to be wearing off with the brush attention.

The dentist recommended a real cleaning, but that will have to wait for other, more pressing, expenses.  Like paying for an M1911A1!

Priorities!

Besides, the dentist didn't seem too worried about letting the brushing act on the tartar for a few months.  "It might weaken and fall off on its own if you're using a tartar control toothpaste."  Which I am!

PS:
That "brushing after meals" thing?  The dentist said to wait at least half an hour after eating to brush because your saliva is more acidic just after eating and that could be worse for your teeth than not brushing!  I did not know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.