26 December 2018

Getting Them To Admit It

My VA disability is skeletal.  It should have been ortho, but someone was being generously broad when they medically separated my ass.

My hip problems are almost certainly from my limp which started from my legs never really healing straight after the accident.

What all this means is the travel to get it checked out is due to my service connected disability.

That's supposed to mean they pay me some money for the distance traveled.

Guess how many times I've gotten them to pay me for travel?

Because my measly 10% rating means they only pay if it's a visit for my service connected problems there's a myriad number of ways to deny the visit was, in fact, connected to my service injury.

Never mind that the window that does the determination is slow and staffed with people who take an apparent delight in telling veterans "NO!"

Not least in my mind for trying to get my percentage increased to the level of my loss is to get past the magical 30% bar.  Once you're past that any trip to a VA medical appointment pays miles.  A goal that got set in my mind from constant denials of my travel reimbursements and having to make the trip several times because they can't seem to schedule everything I need to do on the same damn day.

1 comment:

  1. Make sure to keep track of your miles anyway - I'm pretty sure they are tax deductible.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.