21 March 2019

Dear Smith And Wesson

I am writing today to complain about having nothing to complain about with regards to your M&P9 Shield pistol.



Without a hiccup, it fired ball and hollow points; brass case and steel case.

I am sure it's more my shooting than the gun that gave the groups I got at 7-yards.


I had no difficulty with the 7-round magazines, but prefer the 8-rounders.  Willard also preferred the 8-rounder and said that his shooting was much easier with the extra length to hang onto.

The trigger proved to be just fine, unlike its larger stable-mate the M&P 9.  Sorry, Apex, I think I'll stay with the OEM trigger.

It was not hard to control at all.

So far the only down side is that it's not for lefties at all.  Being a proper dextrous person and not at all sinister, this is not an issue for me.  Your mileage may vary.

I'm quite happy with it and glad to have it!

I think the Shield compares favorably with the SIG P365.  The Shield groups are a little looser and you give up four rounds of ammo with the extended magazines; but for $250 less...  Well!  The sale continues at Palmetto State Armory...  Get one!  Midway still has the 8-round and 7-round magazines on sale for near half off!  This is nearly a no-brainer.

Today I've been carrying it cross-draw and that's simply more comfortable and practical for me.  I noticed, while taking The Boy to school this morning, that when I'm all strapped into the car, there's no getting to the pistol with strong-side IWB carry.  It's under my shirt and then under the seatbelt buckle.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Angus;

    I got a S&W Shield .40 cal, I really like the pistol and it is small enough to carry well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife has the Shield. I like Smifs. But I am a die hard fan of the P365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marv has a 365 and I like it a lot. I was funded for a Shield, so a Shield is what I got.

      What I will be wrestling with in the future will be, "The SIG is better, but is it $250 better?"

      Delete
    2. Most likely not, considering how you just carried on so much about it being such a nice shooter.

      How much fiddling (which means money) would it take to get the S365 up to the basic reliability of the M&P?

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.