15 November 2020

A Reminder That Some Of Us Have Already Done This

He lowered the rifle.

The shots still echoed.

The rioters, those who still lived, dispersed and ran.

His wife looked at her husband in shocked silence as realization dawned.

This was not the first time he'd stood between the horrors and home.

This was not something new.

This was something he'd done before.

Only never so close.

But easier this time because of the proximity.

There would be no nightmares from this.

Because of the proximity.

3 comments:

  1. No moral ambiguity is a good thing.

    One of the things missing in any US-vs-Others conflicts since WWII.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God I hope this doesn't come to pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to all that is Holy that this never comes to pass.

    But I fought savagely for a people I barely knew in a land a thousand.miles from nowhere.

    I'll fight twice as hard I'm defense of my home.

    I just want to be left alone. I will violently defend my right to do so.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.