15 November 2020

I've Been Sick

Because of the stupid rules about getting into the VA clinic...

No flu shot this year.

Guess what I've promptly contracted!

The flu!

The Boy preceded me into this foray by a couple three days and he appears to have caught it from his daytime excursion person.  She got sick about a week ahead of The Boy and I followed him.

C'est la vie.

It's affected my posting because all I've wanted to do is sleep, as I always do when I've got the flu.

Is it Wu Ping Cough?

The excursion person got tested and she's negative.

Even if this is the Rice Rabies, it wasn't as bad as many other instances of the flu.

I got a fever, got body aches, got my sinuses all full, got the sinuses to drain all at once.

Also normal for when my sinuses clog and drain like this; no sense of smell.

Still have my sense of taste, but blunted from the lack of olfactory cooperation.

Tonight I was able to smell the smoke from the firepit.

No fever any more.

Nose is done running, but my nasal passages are dry as a bone.  Ugh!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better. Whenever I get that crud I just straight shot about half a bottle of Nyquil and knock myself out for about a day at a time. Sleep is the best medicine, right after Nyquil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...or whatever Nyquil was meant to replace! For med-urcinal pippers only...that's medicinal poopers ornery...pass me some of that there...I nee sum mellasun...pfumf..hep me sleep..fmff...

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.