19 October 2022

Fingers Crossed

Beeper knocked my laptop off the stool it sits on next to the bed.

While nothing but the bezel around the screen popping loose appeared to be wrong, the mouse started acting erratic and the drive started hitting a lot.

A reboot did not cure it.

Rebooting to Win7 from Ubuntu showed that it was worse in Windows.

Did a complete, battery out shut down and reseated both hard drives and the RAM.

Booted smoothly to both Windows and Ubuntu.

I think I dodged the "new computer" bullet.

I will have to make sure that the computer is all the way centered on the stool from now on, I think it was half off and balanced on the bed and when she jumped up, like she's done a million times...

Eyes crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.