21 October 2022

On Frequency

When I called using a shoulder holster as "arm pit carry" some of you took me literally.

You've got to get on my wavelength here and tune into the snark as intended.

I am not Thag the accurate contract science writer guy.

I deal in truths, not facts!

Uh...

LOOK!  A MONKEY!

At any rate two things come from a comment by Bartholomew.

First is I am not wearing my holster all the way up in my arm pit, nor is it dangling around at belt level.  Those two locations get in the way doing other things.

It's at the height suggested in the comment, and has been there for 11 years.

That's where it feels natural to me, glad I guessed right.

Second is the speed of presentation.

I don't think that it really matters if you get your head out of your ass and pay attention.  Be a little paranoid and you will spot those out to get you.

My unscientific observations make me think that if the draw time matters, you're already behind the curve in the victim selection timeline and that's exactly the wrong place to be.

I think you should be alert enough that the response is, "oh dammit," instead of, "FUCK!"

Circumstances don't always work out that way, but it has been working for me for a long time.  I don't remember if I've noted all of them here, but one time in Wal Mart stood out.  Here and here and here are good examples.  The last one being were I was being a bit clueless.

1 comment:

  1. Gots to be careful of "snark" when writing a technical piece. "Armpit carry" is snark. It sort of means something about a "shoulder holster" but can be confusing (and painful).

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.