09 October 2022

Limit Three

I have joined the fray of Lego Star Wars army building.

I've long collected Clone and Storm Troopers.  I relate to them.  I hear this is somewhat common with veterans.

For the most part, I've been getting Phase 2 clones, but mostly in twos or threes from different battalions.

Phase 2 clone troopers have their armor marked to denote their unit.

L->R 187 Btn, 212 Btn, 501 Btn, 332 Co of 501 Btn.

To date, I've mostly gotten 501 battalion guys because I bought four of the 501st battle packs.  I have 12 regs and 4 jump troops.

I have not opened three of those sets.  Lego tends to appreciate.

I had a distinct lack of the Phase 1 clone troopers.

I had 4 of the old design from the first version of the AT-TE.

I got two with another set, but I can't remember which.

But Lego gave an exclusive Lego store pack with an NCO and two regs per pack, limit three per purchase.

It's taken a year to get six sets.  Army builders are buying them out as fast as Lego is making them.

 

My original intent was to populate my AT-TE with a phase 1 crew.  The current AT-TE came with the 212 Battalion Phase 2 troopers.

I need 6 regs and 3 crew for that.  I figure I can make the NCO's the crew!

If I stay Phase 2, I can use the 501st guys for that.

It's nice to have choices.


2 comments:

  1. :-) As a player of the "Legion" game I like those and should probably look for a few even just to have as "markers" in the game... My poor Republic forces have not been unpacked from my move, but someday I will get back to playing I hope...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using minifigs for character markers in my GURPS games for a while now. Even going so far as to offer the players 10xp if they make a custom figure of their character.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.