03 July 2024

We Fear Change

Basic poverty keeps me from being an early adopter.

This has saved me from a thing or three.

Occasionally, I'm just late to the party.

I'd have bought a Colt 2000 or a Remington R51 the day they hit the shelves if I'd had any money at the time.

Happily...

Well, the gun rags are all a quiver about this new Rost Martin RM1C.

It's a plastic framed striker fired 9mm.

Again.

How many is it now?

It looks like a screaming deal with a sub-$500 MSRP.

But so's a S&W SD9 2.0, it's sub $400.

I'm jaded.

I've watched the new hotness come and go too many times.

I got a S&W M&P because they were the hotness, just in time for all the gunwriters to switch back to Glocks.

Nothing wrong with either.

There's prolly nothing wrong with the RM1C.

But I can also remember when the P320 was teh hawtness.  Then they started going off on their own.  Bet the Army is happy they skipped field trials, huh?

But I want this new gun to make it.  We need more successful American companies, not fewer.

We don't need American companies importing rebranded foreign guns neither.

2 comments:

  1. One reason I'm a bit of a neophobe is because I've had my fingers burnt going after "the new hotness." I have a box full of eight-track tapes somewhere to attest to that. (Parenthetically, I never did understand why eight-tracks went out of use---they're very nice on long car trips when I don't want to have to fiddle endlessly with the car stereo.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8-Track tapes were generally less reliable than cassettes. They were also bulkier and had less playtime per tape.

      Auto-reverse on cassette players did more to kill them than anything else, but the introduction of the CD player killed them both.

      Now I'm bluetoothin' my tunes from my phone.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.