14 July 2024

I'll Just Say It

The sudden outpouring of "political violence has no place in our democracy" might just stem from the realization that at 130 yards the typical conservative American gun owner wouldn't have grazed an ear.

Remember, we were mocking the DC freeway shooter and the laughably short ranges.

Not that we're likely to do any assassinations.

We're not wired that way, and they kind of know that.

They're also aware of just how hard they're pressing and they're starting to realize that the Rheostat v Switch analogy is VERY apt.

6 comments:

  1. Not to mention that a real sniper would have been using something like 7.62 NATO, (see? I can learn!) .30-06, or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or any hunting rifle, from .243 to .270 to, well, just about anything.

      Delete
    2. .300 Win-Mag is the stylish sniper round this season.

      Delete
    3. .50 BMG is pricey, but makes such a wonderful SPLAT!

      Delete
  2. They fear us doing what they do. From witch hunts (that will actually turn up real crimes) to cancelling to full kinetic-ness. And when we do what they do, we clean up after ourselves, for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mostly smiling and nodding listening to folks not trained by Uncle Sam talk about this sort of thing since I work on a University campus... But then I was not a sniper so I always shoot center of mass myself where an inch or two still hits the target... And the 150m or less was a "gimme" shot with the iron sights... But then I was in before the nice fancy equipment got issued, so I suppose it would be even easier for the modern grunts...

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.