Something I noticed that's made it hard for me to watch some CarTube channels is the obvious wealth of the presenter.
Their being richer isn't the problem.
It's the conceit that they're experiencing the same problems I would have in getting the money together for the project while they casually mention dropping thousands on it.
Additionally the "old friend" from the car rags days has returned. Parts donated by a vendor and deals I won't get because a seller isn't trying to get ME to mention them on my channel.
So, no, will not be taking my $100k F350 and $20k enclosed car trailer to pick up a $3,500 car with a seized engine.
I will not be finding a 6.2l aluminum LS engine, that already has a Summit stage 4 cam, laying around for less than $5k. I will not be handed a $5k exhaust system. I will not be spending the day getting my car dyno-tuned, a $1,500 to $3,000 value.
But most of all, I will not be doing it in my forty-thousand square foot shop with 8 two-post lifts.
Because of all that, it rubs me wrong when they start complaining about how much a fucking water pump would cost. I might, by necessity, need to skip the $200 water pump if I needed to get my car back on the road after an engine swap.
But I also don't brag about "being under ten grand" on a project that has, at least, another $10k in parts donated to it.
Your project is $25 grand to the rest of us and I can't pretend otherwise.
My suspension of disbelief is no longer willing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.
Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.
If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.
If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.