14 January 2018

Helping Hand

Today at the bowling pin shoot I did something that had happened to me before.

It's like pilot induced oscillation, I jerk the gun ever so slightly to one side, miss; overcorrect back, miss; overcorrect... lather rinse repeat.  Until I pause, take a deep breath and refocus.

Turns out the fix is fairly simple.  I have to find the spot on my finger that pulls the trigger straight back.

The range officer running the match noticed and took time after the match to talk to me about it.

I have homework!  Dry fire time.

JT, with his first ever bowling pin shoot on his, like, third trip to the range ever as an adult reports he had a great time and learned a bunch.



He got some one-on-one from the RO too!  Guess who else has homework!

Bowling pins are a blast!

One of the fixtures at the range is a dedicated wheel gun shooter.  He had a 7-shot .357, 7" S&W there and talked himself into staying for the shoot rather than leaving for home.

He placed 2nd!  Against the guy who wins every time...

Each pin-shoot the rules are a little different, so it's not repetitive.

Did I mention it was a blast?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.