09 June 2019

Lyman No. 2A SA

Willard came bearing gifts today!  It screwed right in like it was designed to.  Not only that, but it appeared to be sighted in exactly like the buckhorns when I was looking through both of them.  The aperture is from the Lyman No. 66LA I put on my Marlin 30AS (but not for long).


It can fold to the rear:
It can fold to the front:
But you use it raised.  There's a little spring loaded detent to let you know it's in the right spot:
On the left side is a latch to keep it erected: Forward is locked, rear is unlocked.
After taking pictures, I decided that to put the Merit aperture I had on the Marlin on the Savage:  It feels more period.
Elevation adjustment is generous!
I don't have a blank for the rear sight dovetail yet, but it's ordered and on the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.