12 June 2019

Why Forward

I've been puzzling on why, since there's a lock, the Lyman sight folds forward as well as to the rear.


It seems to be horribly exposed up like that.

But then I noticed something.

The little tick marks for elevation are only on the rear of the sight's stem.


Lord knows how much each line is good for, I suspect 5 MOA each, but I haven't measured.  I've also not worked up any dope on this rife, sights or ammo.

I am kind of astonished that there isn't already a fan page for Lyman sights with scans of vintage manuals.

1 comment:

  1. Have you contacted Lyman? Mayhaps they have some geeks in the back that handle this type of stuff. Or Brownells, purveyors of all things gunly.

    I bet someone at Lyman is either an official or unofficial company historian. May even be able to hook you up with parts if there are parts squirreled away.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.