27 June 2019

You May Call Me Bubba

I dearly love greatly prefer peep sights to tangent sights.

The Krag has tangent sights and Williams still makes an aperture sight for it.


Install is straight-forward.  Clamp it down where it needs to sit, mark the mounting hole locations, drill, tap, mount, enjoy!

It's a good thing I am mechanically inclined and the installation is obvious to me.

Here's a link to the "complete" mounting instructions promised by Williams on the back of the package.

This is roughly where the sight will get mounted.


A bit of wood will need to be removed to let the sight sit level.


I don't feel at all bad about further modifying this rifle to my wants because I wasn't the one who sportified it to begin with.

This is the most ambitious I've ever gotten with gunsmithing though.  I'm nervous, but excited.

I'm not going to start drilling today, it's fookin' hot out in that garage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.