07 September 2026

After A Point

Doing the Gun Stats math on 12ga 2-3/4" shotgun ammo.

It doesn't quite match the Basic Set or High Tech stats.

One load of 00 buck matches exactly, most don't.  The 1,325 fps stuff gets 1d pi instead of 1d+1 pi.  1,600 fps gets it to 1d+1 pi, but that's a single Hornady loading. 

But once you do #2 birdshot, the damage stays 1d-5(0.5) pi-, you just get more pellets and a higher chance to hit, until #9 birdshot when it changes to 1d-5(0.2) pi-.

I will probably calculate all of the shot sizes because you lose range with every decrease in shot size.

00 Buck is 40/800 for range.  #4 birdshot is 16/312.

Steel shot doesn't do less damage than lead, or lose range, but you get more pellets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.