If you look closely, you'll see a small hole under the smoke-grenade stowage box.
We had a HEAT round battle carried and we were pieing the corner of an alleyway when we got hit. I thought they got a 1:1mil shot down our gun tube at first.I was the loader. My gunner and TC both got peppered pretty well from the blast and I caught a bit as well.Gunner got medevac’d to Germany because of the flash burns to his face. “Ruined his modeling career” as he put it.The hole in the sponson box was actually from an earlier rpg attack, but it hit sandbags in the box and never detonated.The small hole at the lower left side under the smoke grenade box is the entrance hole of the one that did us in.Plt Sgt had me digging in the hole with needle nose pliers trying to get something out when Col. Robert Abrams (our Brigade Commander at the time) walked up and said “what the fuck are you doing?!?” Good times.”
The write up explains it's an M1A2SEP.
That makes the side turret DR 1,580L. 1,147mm RHAE v HEAT.
For a heat round to penetrate that it needs to be, at least, 6dx15(10) cr ex, for the average hit to penetrate. 6dx9(10) cr ex can penetrate with a max-damage roll.
The PG-7VR warhead can penetrate 900mm of RHA with its tandem warhead. At first you think it cannot, but the damage roll is based on an average where all the dice roll 3.5.
I'm not showing all my work here, read the rules and it's clearer.
6dx4(10) cr ex follow-up 6dx8(10) cr ex which is treated as a single 6dx12(10) cr ex attack if there is no reactive armor. On average it penetrates DR 1,260L
So, DR is doubled for laminated armor vs HEAT. 3160.
Divided by the armor divisor of 10. 316.
Divide by 12 to find out if we can penetrate with this round, if it's more than 36, no. 26.3333.
The PG-7VR, on a good roll, can penetrate the turret side of an M1A2SEPv1.
This GURPS.


No comments:
Post a Comment
You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.
Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.
If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.
If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.