I've got Gun Stats stats for all the US 40mm grenades I can find.
Even a couple German ones!
A problem with Gun Stats is the area filled with smoke or gas is much smaller than published numbers would suggest.
I think this is because Gun Stats gives you the instantaneous coverage, but the real rounds burn for a while.
Up to two minutes for a smoke round.
The M651 CS round, for example, calculates to a 1 yard radius, but the specifications for the round says almost 7 yards. But it's got a 20-30 second burn time, so that would let the cloud grow.
I learned about a new idea for smoke rounds. The canopy version has an X shaped parachute that doesn't slow it down much, but is intended to snag in branches and hang your 90 seconds of smoke from the top of a tree.
Special thanks to Kevin Dockery who tracked down some pretty detailed information and put it on a web page!
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.
Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.
If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.
If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.